What makes a great video?
- It’s worth my 2-3 minutes. There’s something here that is interesting, funny, sad, cool and/or mind-blowing.
- I can clearly hear and see everything in the video. The video maker has recorded picture and sound well, or at least well enough that I ‘get it’.
- There’s art in it. I feel something when I’m watching- I can tell that the video-maker has put some of their soul into it.
- There’s craft in it. In telling their story, the video-maker has used the technology [planning, recording and editing] in a way that serves the story and respects my attention.
- It has a point. The writer/director has thought this story through, and has something to say.